Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Did you know that the federal government purchases more than $518 billion of goods and services a year and the State of Michigan has a diverse portfolio valued at more than $19 billion? Find out what it takes to sell your goods and services to the federal government and the State of Michigan December 1st at Washtenaw Community College. In addition learn about the services and continuous support the Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) has available to help your company with the contracting process.
State of Michigan Contracting
• What products and Services does the State of Michigan buy?
• Vendor Registration
• Obtaining Bidding Information
• Planning and Researching for State Procurement Opportunities
• Marketing Your Product or Service
• Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Federal Government Contracting
• Classifying your Product or Service (NAICS, SIC Codes< PSC/FSCs) • Getting registered: CCR and Dynamic Small Business Search • Small Business Programs: Set-asides, Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, 8(a), Veteran Owned, etc. • Finding Opportunities • Types of Solicitations • Marketing Strategies: Finding Opportunities, Subcontracting • Laws and Regulations • The Bid Process • Debriefing There is a $40.00 fee per person to attend this event. Please preregister through the link provided or by calling 734.462.4438 as space is limited.
Washtenaw Community College is a smoke-free campus; please refrain from use of all tobacco products while on college grounds. Thank you for your compliance.